- Application period 4 – 7 December 2023 (the application closes at 3 pm Finnish time, UTC +2, on the last application day)
- Studies begin in January 2024.
- Instructions and timetables for new students can be found at New Student’s website
Degree programmes in the supplementary application
Study places are available in the following degree programmes in English:
How to apply
- Wait to receive information about your result by email. The admission results are announced as soon as possible after the exam or after the submission has closed.
- If admitted, accept the offer of admission and enrol as student within 7 days of publishing the results of student admission.
- If you are liable to pay tuition fee for the studies, it must be paid within 7 days of publishing the results, by the deadline for accepting the offer of admission. The fees: Bachelor’s programmes 9 700 euros, Master’s programmes 11 500 euros.
- The Early Bird scholarship is not available in the supplementary application.
- See instructions for beginning the studies on New Student’s website
Eligibility for the studies
Master’s degree programmes
Please find the eligibility requirement on Studyinfo:
Master’s degree programmes
The students for this programme are selected by means of certificate-based selection (weighted average of Bachelor of Business Administration degree completed in a university of applied sciences in Finland). Please find the detailed instructions on Studyinfo (link above).
Conditional student selection
The student selection is always conditional until the university of applied sciences has checked all qualification certificates used for applying. The admission may be withdrawn if the certificates are not delivered by a given deadline or if the applicant has given false information on one’s qualifications.
- Tuition fees concern students from outside the EU/EEA countries in English-taught degree programmes. Documents exempting from paying the tuition fee are listed on this website under “Attachments”
- Tuition fee for the degree programmes beginning in spring 2024 at Xamk are: Bachelor’s programmes 9 700 euros / academic year, Master’s programmes 11 500 euros / academic year. In supplementary application, the fee must be paid within 7 days of publishing the results, by the deadline for accepting the offer of admission.
- Scholarships are available for students who are liable to pay tuition fees and they are mainly based on study progress. The Early Bird scholarship is not available in the supplementary application.
- Scholarship for humanitarian reasons is available for Ukrainian citizens for the academic year 2023-2024. The scholarship is an exemption from the tuition fee for the mentioned academic year.
- Find information on the tuition fee policy and scholarship scheme at Xamk on our website.
The application form is submitted on Studyinfo. Also the programme details are available on Studyinfo.
You can apply to 1-6 study programmes included in the Xamk supplementary application using the same the application form. The order of preferences is not considered in the supplementary application. If you are applying also for the degree programmes conducted in Finnish, please see information about the application process on our website in Finnish. Please note that applying to many degree programmes may require taking part in several entry exams or submitting many student selection tasks.
When filling in the application form, you need to provide your personal information (Finnish ID code, if available) and details of your qualification (name, year/date of completion, institution). Fill in the application form carefully with correct information, the service guides you in submitting the application. Submit the application for Xamk in good time before the deadline.
Please note that if you have already accepted an offer of admission from a study programme beginning in spring semester 2024 in a higher education institution in Finland, you cannot accept another offer of admission in the degree programmes in supplementary application.
Changing information on your application form
You can make changes to study programmes on the application form only during the application period. You can make changes on your application form through a link in the confirmation email sent to your email address after submitting the application form, or by contacting the Admission Services. If you have online banking codes from a bank in Finland, a Finnish mobile certificate or Finnish electronic ID-card, you can also make changes through My Studyinfo service.
Removing or adding study programmes on the application form cannot be done after the application has closed but updates on other information on the application form are possible.
Master’s degree programmes
Attachments to application are to be uploaded to the application form by 8 December 2023 12 noon (Finnish time, UTC +2).
Higher education degrees completed in Finland are verified from national register (attachments are not needed). However, upload your transcript of records to the application form in the case where you have completed a Bachelor of Business Administration in a university of applied sciences in Finland, and all grades included in the degree are not available via the link to My Studyinfo service.
Certificate copies all applicants are required upload to the application form
- Work certificates confirmed with the employer’s signature/stamp, minimum of 2 years / 24 months from the field after graduation. Instructions for work certificates on Studyinfo
- Original, final qualification certificate and transcript of records for the degree used for applying that has been completed outside Finland. Provisional/temporary certificates are not accepted.
- Official English, Finnish or Swedish translation of all documents not originally written in one of those languages.
- Qualification certificate for the previously completed post-secondary level vocational qualification in Finland (opistoasteen tutkinto) if it is needed for meeting the work experience requirement.
Document exempting from tuition fees
The tuition fees concern non-EU/EEA degree students who start their studies in English-taught Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes.
You can be exempted from the tuition fee on other grounds if you upload a copy of one of the following documents to your application form by 8 December 2023, 12 noon (Finnish time, UTC +2). Please note that citizens of Finland are not required to provide proof of their citizenship as the information will be verified from the population register.
- Passport or identity card to indicate the citizenship of EU/EEA/Switzerland
- EU Blue Card in Finland
- Continuous residence permit card in Finland, Type A permit issued for purposes other than studies
- EU Family Member’s Residence Card in Finland
- Permanent residence permit card in Finland, Type P permit
- EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (Type P-EU)
- Brexit residence permit card, Type SEU-sopimuksen 50 artikla = Right of residence under the withdrawal agreement, or P SEU-sopimuksen 50 artikla = Right of permanent residence under the withdrawal agreement
The exempting document must be valid on 1 January 2024.
Request for adjustment
According to the legislation in Finland, an applicant has a right to request for adjustment to the decision concerning student selection within 14 days of publishing the results of student admission.
If you believe that there has been a mistake in the student selection and the admission criteria have not been applied correctly, you must first contact admission services at the university of applied sciences where the student admission decision has been made. If the decision was made at Xamk, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this does not clarify the matter, you can make a written request for adjustment to the decision regarding student admission.
A request for adjustment must specify the name and contact information of the person making the request, the decision that the request for adjustment concerns, the points of the decision that adjustment is sought for and the grounds for the request for adjustment. If necessary, supporting documents can be attached to the request.
The request for adjustment concerning student selection at South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is addressed to the Examination committee and delivered to:
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences
Paraatikenttä 7, 45100 Kouvola
or by email to email@example.com, topic of the message stating “Request for rectification for the Examination committee”.
Tel. +358 50 345 8602 (Kouvola) or
+358 50 312 5031 (Mikkeli)
Office hours: Mon-Fri 9 am – 3 pm