The Finnish higher education is free for EU/EEA citizens and for those permanently residing in Finland.
Tuition fees at Xamk
The Finnish higher education institutions charge tuition fees for students outside the EU/EEA area.
The fees set for Xamk degree programmes are:
- Bachelor’s degrees 6000 euros / academic year
- Master’s degrees 7000 euros / academic year
- Double degrees 1500 euros / double degree programme
Invoice for the tuition fee is sent by email to the admitted student soon after the notification of admission. The due date for the fee is the same than the deadline to accept the study place.
The tuition fee for one academic year is paid in one instalment.
Exemption from the tuition fee
You don’t have to pay the tuition fee if you have one of these documents:
- Passport or identity card to indicate the citizenship of EU/EEA/Switzerland
- EU Blue Card in Finland
- Continuous residence permit card in Finland, Type A permit
- EU Family Member’s Residence Card in Finland
- Permanent residence permit card in Finland, Type P permit
- EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (Type P-EU)
Note that the residence permit in another EU/EEA country is not sufficient grounds for exemption, only residence permits in Finland can be considered. Further information on who is required to pay the tuition fees can be found on the Studyinfo.fi service.
General information about the tuition fees in Finland is available on the Study in Finland website.
Tuition fee and residence permit
The tuition fee is charged by the higher education institution and Xamk notifies the Finnish Immigration Service of the paid tuition fees. However, if you need a residence permit for the studies in Finland, you are required to have sufficient means and funds (6720 euros for one study year) to support yourself during the studies in addition to paying the tuition fee.
For more information, see the Finnish Immigration Service website: http://migri.fi/en/means-of-support
The scholarship scheme at Xamk rewards you for good progress in studies. You can get a 50% refund on the tuition fee by progressing in the studies well.
Sufficient progress means completing 55 ECTS credits during the academic year. The refund is paid yearly on the basis of the studies (credits) completed during the previous academic year.