Xamk’s ethical principles
We act responsibly.
- We make sustainable choices every day.
- We take responsibility for the results of our work.
- We develop new, sustainable solutions in cooperation with our partners.
- We take care of student and staff wellbeing.
- We treat each other in a fair and equal way.
We work for tomorrow.
- We are brave and interested in new developments and the world around us.
- We create new knowledge and expertise both locally and internationally.
Working, Teaching and Learning
- We treat everyone with respect.
- We promote equality and do not discriminate.
- We respect and value the diversity of our community.
- We meet everyone as individuals and treat everybody equally.
- We do not condone inappropriate behaviour, harassment, discrimination, intimidation, or violence. We address each incident immediately and seriously.
- We follow common guidelines.
- We take responsibility for high-quality communication and interaction, while maintaining good workplace skills.
- We support our students in taking responsibility for their study progress in different life situations and direct them to necessary support when needed.
- We provide each other with a peaceful work and study environment and respect their free time.
- We follow good scientific practices and ethical guidelines.
- We work as experts in our respective fields and respect the expertise of others.
- We take care of information security and data protection. We use information, social media, and IT in a responsible way.
- We take responsibility for carrying out our duties with quality and care.
Higher Education Community and Administration
- We work together to build a high-quality work and education community.
- We encourage open dialogue and decision-making.
- We promote and support the wellbeing of our community members and our working ability.
- We always consider accessibility.
- We promote a safe environment by following safety instructions and conducting risk management.
- We follow the principles of good governance.
- In supervisory work, we listen, we are present, and we treat everyone equally.
- We do not tolerate bribery or corruption.
- We ensure sufficient job orientation and supervision.
- We recognise conflicts of interest and do not act if we are disqualified (Administrative Procedure Act, section 28).
- We make decisions in a considered, justified way, without unnecessary delays.
Stakeholders and the Environment
- We recognise the societal impact of our operations.
- We value ethical standards with our partners’ and networks’ operations.
- We create new information and competences through teaching and RDI activities.
- We abide by the principles of confidentiality.
- We follow common sustainability initiatives and programmes.
- We recognise the environmental impact of our operations.
- We follow the precautionary principle for measures that have an impact on the environment.
- We use common resources responsibly.
- We continuously improve our environmental efficiency.
We follow the principles of sustainable development in procurement.
- We respect the material and intangible cultural and natural heritage. We respect natural diversity.