Master School is a learning community for Master’s degree students at Xamk.
It provides you with the opportunity to build the career path of your choice and expand your professional network.
Enhance your professional competence
At Master School, you will strengthen your expertise, studying with a group of like-minded professionals from different fields. In the group, you can improve your leadership and development skills and expand your operating environment-related competence.
You will be given tools for explorative development of your job and for reforming your work community and field of business.
During the studies, you will learn to know other professionals from your field.
In addition, experts representing other fields will join your network. You can also participate in international exchange programmes with our partner institutes.
Next application periods
- You can apply for the study places still available for the studies beginning in August 2020 at Xamk in the supplementary application
- Studies start this autumn
- More information after 15.7.2020
Joint application, autumn 2020
- Application open for
- Application submitted in Studyinfo.fi during 2-16 September 2020 (by 3 pm Finnish time, EEST)
- Studies begin in January 2020.
Apply in autumn 2020 and start your studies in January 2021!
Build your individual career path
The studies enable you to build a career path that is based on your own interests. You may choose complementary courses from the extensive range of courses provided by Xamk:
- research and development skills,
- communication skills
- Russian studies
- other current themes.
You may choose between 10 and 30 credits from these courses, depending on your interests. Some of the courses are provided online.
The Master’s thesis, which is work-related, is an important part of the studies.
Work and study
The Master School programme is designed to allow you to work and study at the same time. The extent of the Master’s programme is either 60 or 90 credits.
The studies take approximately two years. The duration depends on the extent of your studies.
The programme is based on multiform learning: the studies include classroom sessions, online studies and independent work. An individual study plan is drafted for each student so you can choose the direction of your studies.
All Master's degree programmes taught in English
Why choose Xamk?
Are you interested in practical learning? Would you like to study in modern facilities with top-class teachers? Are you attracted to new ways of teaching and learning? If you said yes, South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences – Xamk – might be just the place for you.
Students feedback on Xamk
- Education appreciated by employers
- Flexible learning anytime, anywhere
- Relaxed study environment, good team spirit, nice campuses
- Efficient support services – students are not left alone with their problems
- Good opportunities for student exchange around the world