International degree students do not often have a professional network to help them to integrate with the Finnish working life and companies in the region after the completion of their studies. This project seeks a solution to the challenges in recruitment from the perspectives of both international students and companies by co-creating together with students and companies a working life path designed, piloted and documented in 2-4 different industries. These paths will contribute to the development of integration of students into Finnish working life and companies in the Kymenlaakso region.
What we do?
- Career path design and industry-specific customization
- Piloting the working life path
- Documentation of the working life path, preparation for implementation and further development
- Benchmarking the already existing working life paths in different regions.
- Identifying the main elements of the working life path with the HR of the participating companies.
- Modeling industry-specific working life paths utilizing the elements from Xamk’s internship and thesis processes.
- Organizing cultural training for participating companies.
- Supporting participating companies during the working life pilot.
- Communicating the working life path to students and including them in training pilots.
- Training pilot group students in technological skills, Finnish working life and corporate culture.
- Students’ guided internships and theses in the companies participating in the project.
For further development
- Feedback discussions with companies and students.
- Collecting and documenting the experiences of the working life path based on pilots.
- Completing the career path by co-developing with companies and students.
- Documenting the working life path, setting it in motion and preparing the next steps of development.