From Open path to degree studies
The aim is to complete a certain amount of credits during the Path studies year. Path studies do not result in graduation, but after completing your Path studies, you can apply for degree studies on the basis of the credits you have completed.
FACTS ABOUT PATH STUDIES
- There is no application process to path studies, instead we take students in enrolment order.
- Enrolment to path studies is open twice a year; in August (studies begin in August) and in December (studies begin in January).
- Enrolment takes place in Pulse’s course calendar.
- There are usually no qualification requirements on bachelor level Path studies.
- To be qualified for master level Path studies you need to have a prior bachelor´s degree and some work experience.
- Path studies in English are usually daytime or part-time studies.
- Daytime studying takes place at one of our campuses in Finland between 8 to 18 hours.
- Part-time studying takes place online and requires attendance on campus in Finland approximately 2 to 3 days every month.
- Path studying requires for you to be able to commit yourself to studying! The work is done in the same pace as full-time degree students are studying.
- Depending on student, 1 ECTS credit requires approximately 27 hours of studying.
- One year´s Path studies on bachelor level is approximately 200 full study days.
- Path students are charged EUR 175 per semester, EUR 350 the whole academic year.
- Bring your own device. Xamk’s students are required to use their own laptop.
- Path student´s benefits
- Free Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams etc.)
- Outlook student email box
- OneDrive-cloud storage space
- possibility to buy lunch at campus for reduced staff price
- possibility to become a member in the Kaakko Student Union
THE FOLLOWING XAMK DEGREE PROGRAMMES IN ENGLISH MAY OFFER STUDY PLACES FOR OUAS PATH STUDENTS:
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Digital International Business (BBA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Wellbeing Management (BBA)
- Bachelor of Engineering, Information Technology (B.Eng)
- Bachelor of Engineering, Environmental Engineering (B.Eng)
- Bachelor of Culture and Arts, Game Design
- Master of Engineering, Cybersecurity
- Master of Business Administration, International business management
- Master of Health Care/Social Services, Health Promotion
- Master of Health Care/Social Services, Rehabilitation
- Master of Naprapathy
APPLYING FROM OPEN PATH TO DEGREE STUDIES
As long as you are a path student, your status at Xamk is ‘a student at Open University of Applied Sciences’. You can apply from open path to degree studies after you have completed the following amount of studies at Xamk:
- minimum of 50 credits of bachelor level studies or
- minimum of 15/60 or 30/90 credits of master level studies (depending on the extent of the degree).
The suitability of Open path studies / single courses completed outside Xamk is individually considered. Read more about applying in the link below.
INTRODUCING OUR PATH STUDENTS
About studying in Finland
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PATH STUDIES
- If you decide to come and study in Finland, depending on your nationality, you may need a visa or residence permit. Note that residence permits are not granted based on Open UAS studies. More info here.
- Foreign students are not covered by the statutory accident insurance or the voluntary group accident insurance of Xamk. It is recommended that you take your own insurance.
- Look at the information in the links below about studying in Finland and about Finnish Immigration services.
Finland is the happiest country in the world, again. The Global Happiness Report has ranked Finland first for the second year in a row.
What is the secret? Find out what Finland is all about: nature, an excellent education system, a welfare state and unique culture. Finland is a great place to study for international students.
Get to know us
Contact us at
We are happy to help!