From Open path to degree studies
The aim is to complete a certain amount of credits during the Path studies year. Path studies do not result in graduation, but after completing your Path studies, you can apply for degree studies on the basis of the credits you have completed.
FACTS ABOUT PATH STUDIES
- There is no application process to path studies, instead we take students in the order of enrolment.
- Enrolment takes place twice a year in August and December (enrolment on studies starting in September or January).
- There are usually no qualification requirements on bachelor level Path studies.
- You usually need to have a bachelor´s degree and some work experience in order to be qualified for master level Path studies.
- Path studies in English are usually daytime or part-time studies.
- Daytime studying takes place at one of our campuses in Finland between 8 to 18 hours.
- Part-time studying takes place online and requires attendance on campus in Finland approximately 2 to 3 days every month.
- Path studying requires for you to be able to commit yourself to studying! The work is done in the same pace as full-time degree students are studying.
- Depending on student, 1 ECTS credit requires approximaterly 27 hours of studying.
- One year´s Path studies on bachelor level is approximaterly 200 full study days.
- Path students are charged 175 euros per semester (spring/fall).
- Bring your own device. Xamk students are required to use their own laptop on studying.
- Path student´s benefits
- Free Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams etc.)
- Outlooks student e-mail box
- OneDrive-cloud storage space
- possibility to buy lunch at campus for reduced staff price
- possibility to become a member in the Kaakko Student Union
THE FOLLOWING XAMK DEGREE PROGRAMMES IN ENGLISH MAY OFFER STUDY PLACES FOR OUAS PATH STUDENTS:
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Digital International Business (BBA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Wellbeing Management (BBA)
- Bachelor of Engineering, Information Technology (B.Eng)
- Bachelor of Engineering, Environmental Engineering (B.Eng)
- Bachelor of Culture and Arts, Game Design
- Master of Engineering, Cybersecurity
- Master of Business Administration, International business management
- Master of Health Care/Social Services, Health Promotion
- Master of Health Care/Social Services, Rehabilitation
- Master of Naprapathy
APPLYING FROM OPEN PATH TO DEGREE STUDIES
You can apply from open path to degree studies after you have completed the following amount of studies at Xamk:
- minimun of 50 credits of bachelor level studies or
- minimun of 15/60 or 30/90 credits of master level studies (depending on the extent of the degree).
The suitability of Open path studies / single courses completed outside Xamk (or Kymenlaakso or Mikkeli UAS) is individually considered. Read more about applying in the link below.
INTRODUCING OUR PATH STUDENTS
About studying in Finland
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PATH STUDIES WITH XAMK OPEN UNIVERSITY
- If you decide to come and study in Finland, depending on your nationality, you may need a visa or residence permit.
- Foreign students are not covered by the statutory accident insurance or the voluntary group accident insurance of Xamk. It is recommended that you take your own insurance.
- Look at the information in the links below about studying in Finland and about Finnish Immigration services.
Finland is the happiest country in the world, again. The Global Happiness Report has ranked Finland first for the second year in a row.
What is the secret? Find out what Finland is all about: nature, an excellent education system, a welfare state and unique culture. Finland is a great place to study for international students.
Get to know us
Contact us at
We are happy to help!