The project has ended on 31th of December 2022.
Kymenlaakso (Kouvola region) and Saint Petersburg have prioritized the development of education and lifelong learning, facilitation of innovation and R&D projects. Internationalization and sustainable growth are success factors for the regions’ development. Race4Scale aims to renew and bring growth to the South-Eastern Finland’s industrial base and aid in planning for the future industrial needs by means of R&D and education. As for Saint Petersburg and North-West region of Russia, the project creates opportunities for development from assembly level in the automotive industry to automotive and motorsport innovations.
Results of the project
- Establish and strengthen the long-term partnerships among businesses, educational institutions and government-based organizations and associations in the Finnish-Russian cross-border automotive and motorsport industry ecosystem.
- Increase co-operation between SMEs and research institutions.
- Increase skilled and lifelong learning – via training future professionals.
- Create new cross-border curricula.
the Main Outputs
- Research about identification of the current and the future development needs.
- Benchmarking trends in the development of the European context automotive ecosystems.
- Organizing joint cross-border multidisciplinary innovation camps in Finland and Russia.
- Training Finnish and Russian teachers and managing staff.
- Development of the joint international multidisciplinary educational program.
- Implementation of the pilots for the autologistic, motorsport, business, electronic engineering and social sciences modules.
Collaboration with Universities of Applied Sciences as well as scientific collaboration with Russian and Belarussian partner organizations has been put on hold from 4.3.2022 onward following the recommendation of the Ministry of Education and Culture. Ongoing research- and development projects will be continued without Russian and Belarussian partners and operations will be reoriented if needed.