Kymenlaakso (Kouvola region) and Saint Petersburg have prioritized the development of education and lifelong learning, facilitation of innovation and R&D projects. Internationalization and sustainable growth are success factors for the regions’ development. Race4Scale aims to renew and bring growth to the South-Eastern Finland’s industrial base and aid in planning for the future industrial needs by means of R&D and education. As for Saint Petersburg and North-West region of Russia, the project creates opportunities for development from assembly level in the automotive industry to automotive and motorsport innovations.
Race4Scale was launched in May 2020 and will continue until October 2022.
Results of the project
- Establish and strengthen the long-term partnerships among businesses, educational institutions and government-based organizations and associations in the Finnish-Russian cross-border automotive and motorsport industry ecosystem.
- Increase co-operation between SMEs and research institutions.
- Increase skilled and lifelong learning – via training future professionals.
- Create new cross-border curricula.
the Main Outputs
- Research about identification of the current and the future development needs.
- Benchmarking trends in the development of the European context automotive ecosystems.
- Organizing joint cross-border multidisciplinary innovation camps in Finland and Russia.
- Training Finnish and Russian teachers and managing staff.
- Development of the joint international multidisciplinary educational program.
- Implementation of the pilots for the autologistic, motorsport, business, electronic engineering and social sciences modules.