The main objective of the project is to create a syllabus and teaching materials for a new course that will enable to teach the topic of online reputation management (ORM) systematically, based on real data and experience. The overall strategy of the project is to develop a sustainable training product for the enhancement of the skills and competencies for future managers and tourism workers.
The main outcome of the ORM project will be a syllabus of a new course with highly important and demanded knowledge. The outcomes will include syllabus, presentations, textual support for teachers, case studies, best practices (e-books), and experimental online module.
The target groups are:
- students of tourism and hospitality programs;
- teachers of hospitality and hotel management, tourism/online marketing;
- managers and practitioners.
Besides these three main target groups, there are other subjects potentially involved in the project – tourism managers as consultants, national associations as partners for dissemination, student communities interested in the theme etc.
The consortium of universities is a unique mixture of know-how in several areas needed for the successful realization of the project. In the project, there are involved universities with good knowledge and specialization in the field of reputation management, hospitality, destination management, tourism marketing and modern and traditional research methods. All the universities see the topic as an important part of the students’ skills and knowledge and are ready to implement this topic into their study programs. This mixture of specializations will encourage the knowledge transfer and support information sharing in the project team.
This project is carried out transnationally:
- Travel and tourism is an international phenomenon and the platforms are mostly designed for global use
- Tourism is about learning new cultures, differences and communication styles. The experience from abroad is highly valuable for the students and future managers in tourism
- The significance of the online reviews and ratings for tourism and hospitality enterprises differentiate in different countries
- Tourism and hospitality customers are from abroad as well, and the result of global research will help to get generalizable and representative results.
- Creating the course on the participating universities in different countries will enhance the mobility of the students and teachers