The project aims to respond to the identified needs and development targets of educational institutions and companies.
- Those who sell or consider selling a business face challenges in finding new owners to continue their business.
- Workshop spaces are unused in summer and out of lecturing hours in educational institutions.
- Kymenlaakso does not yet have a model of peer education / peer teaching.
Project activities are divided into three work packages.
1. Popup School
Popup School is based on peer education / peer teaching. The Popup School is a one day-long event for young people to teach each other and businesses. Young people will be able to present and provide their own expertise, for example through a lecture or workshop. The event is comparable to työnhakutreffit (job search “dating”), where several job-seekers and employers are acquainted during the day. The setting is new, as young people become the professionals and companies compete for their expertise.
2. Creative Labs
Enable and facilitate creative laboratories to prototype young people’s products and services.The creative laboratories will be located at Xamk Kouvola Paja workshop -space and Hub Kouvola in Viiraamo in June 2019.
3. Week as an entrepreneur – program
Coach students and organize “Week as an entrepreneur” -program, where participants will learn about entrepreneurship in companies that are considering selling their business.
- The concept of Paja space use will evolve, enabling young people and other target groups to experiment in modern workshop and innovation spaces. The experimentation gives models for developing Paja space’s round-the-clock operations.
- Working life links between companies and educational institutions strengthens.
- Create a process and model from student to new business successor.