Overall objective of the project is to enhance the cross-border collaboration between research and development institutes and key authorities to reduce risks related to increased maritime traffic and oils spills in the Gulf of Finland area.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences (Xamk) conducts development of cross-border/transnational oil spill simulator training model for response authorities across the Gulf of Finland. Four joint simulator exercises are organized.
Xamk participates in Activities 2 and 3. Main tasks: oil spill response training (enables establishing international training programme)
Activity 2: Technical Development of Maritime Simulators
– Ensuring the simulator software connectivity between maritime simulator centres in Russian and Finland
Activity 3: Common Training Programme for Marine Pollution Response
– Aims to develop transnational oil spill response simulator training model for response authorities across the Gulf of Finland
– Training model integrates key results of the project activities, and acts as an testbed for demonstrating the feasibility of the response methods and decision support tools developed
- Established connection between simulation centres. Operational and functional report and simulation instructor`s guidelines on technical specifications
- Report on common training needs and objectives.
- Joint oil spill response training model. Four pilot exercises and one joint exercise.
With simulation education the oil spill response preparedness of Gulf of Finland can be strengthened effectively and safely.