Time: Students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course. The estimated time for completing this course is two months.
Place: Online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Target group: Everyone interested in the topic
Lecturer: Course is completed independently
Credited in degree at Xamk: All Bachelor level degrees at Xamk
Area of competence mentioned in Curriculum: Optional studies
Enrolment by: 8.10.2023
Price: Free of charge
Note that you can enrol for Open UAS studies at the maximum of 50 ECTS credits per semester. One person’s enrolments exceeding 50 ECTS credits are deleted in the enrolment order. Paying attention to this is important when planning your studies.
Please also notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on Open UAS courses.
- You know the possibilities and challenges of technologies producing hospitality services.
- You can describe and choose suitable digital solutions for different hospitality services.
- You can define the effects of digitization on service costs, quality, usability and customer experience.
- You can plan and implement a development task related to hospitality business using digital technology.
Contents and methods:
- What kind of digital solutions can you use in hospitality service production?
- How can digital solutions improve the competitiveness of service production?
- How can you define the effects of digitization on service costs, quality, usability and customer experience?
The course consist of the possibilities, challenges of technologies and different digital solutions producing hospitality services.
The course content is split in 4 parts.
In this course we’ll review following themes:
- Digital customer journey
- Digital solutions in hospitality service production
- Virtuality and virtual tourism
- Gamification as a part of service production
There is an exam after each part (4).
No live lectures or group work. You can complete the course entirely individually.
The course covers 5 ECTS credits, totalling 135 hours of student work. The number of hours is theoretical and varies according to student effort.
Study material: Provided in course platform Learn.
Assessment: Completed tasks in accordance with course requirements
Assessment grade: 1-5
This course is a part of Xamk Pulse’s ‘Diploma of Higher Education in Tourism and Service Business Management’.
What is diploma and what are the courses included in it?
Read more about the diploma https://www.xamk.fi/en/open-amk-courses/diploma-of-higher-education-in-tourism-and-service-business-management-60-ects-cr/.
Want to complete the whole diploma?
The full extent of the diploma is 60 ECTS credits. We recommend that you start from module I and complete it first.
Want to take just some of the courses?
If you don’t want to complete the whole diploma, you can choose just those courses that you are interested in.
Enrolment on diploma courses
You must enroll on each course separately. Choose just the number of courses that you can & have time to complete by the end of year 2023! All the courses will be available also in year 2024, when you can start them weekly on nonstop basis.
Transcript of records will be delivered by email in PDF form.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email email@example.com.
Before the course starts, you'll receive an invitation by email to this course.
Please note that there can be changes in the course details in terms of the timetable and teachers, for example.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).