Time: 6 May – 2 September 2024
Place: Online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Number of study places:
Target group: Everyone interested in the topic
Required previous skills: –
Lecturer: Anna Forsström
Credited in degree at Xamk: Master level degrees at Xamk
Area of competence mentioned in Curriculum: Optional studies
Enrolment by: 28 April 2024
Price: EUR 12 / credit or semester fee EUR 175. You can read more about our payment policy here.
Please note that enrolment for Xamk Pulse studies is binding, and it is not possible to cancel a student place free of charge. After receiving a student place, you will be charged a fee according to our price list. The fee will not be refunded even if you discontinue your studies. However, if you will not be starting your studies, please let us know in good time so that we can remove you from the course. This way, there will not be a record of an incomplete course in your information in Peppi. Cancellation must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, notice that the fee for one semester will not be refunded, if the combined fees for your chosen studies remain below EUR 175 or you cancel your studies.
Note that you can enrol for Open UAS studies at the maximum of 50 ECTS credits per semester. One person’s enrolments exceeding 50 ECTS credits are deleted in the enrolment order. Paying attention to this is important when planning your studies.
Please also notice that
Xamk degree students can enrol on this course only via Peppi or Tuudo.
- You know the concepts that are central to sustainable technology and know how to apply them.
- You know how to connect information management to the operations of a company or organization and management tasks.
- You are familiar with the measures and concepts related to the quality management and quality work of a company or organization.
- You know how to develop the product, process, and service innovations in accordance with the principles of sustainable development.
Contents and methods:
- What is the role of sustainable technology in business? What is the research and development activity of companies like? How to acquire and manage new technological information in business?
- What are the basic principles of sustainable technology? What kind of technology is needed to achieve sustainable development goals? What role do sustainable technology play in research, education, and management? How do companies develop products and services in the field of sustainable technology?
- What is quality and how is quality measured and evaluated? How are continuous quality and competence development implemented in the company?
- What is the significance of information in an organization? What does the concept of information management entail?
- How is sustainable development defined? What does responsible business entail? How do companies take sustainability into account in their business?
- Where can I apply for funding for research and development projects?
Performing tasks independently.
The course covers 5 ECTS credits, totalling 135 hours of student work. The number of hours is theoretical and varies according to student effort.
All the material needed for the course can be found on the learning platform.
Assessment methods and criteria:
The students are able to
a) find, study, produce and evaluate critically multidisciplinary data in your field of expertise
b) solve demanding problems in RDI functions
c) communicate proficiently and systematically in your spoken and written native language and in one foreign language
1 – 5
The Transcript of records will be delivered automatically by email in PDF form. You can read more about the the Transcript of records on: Information on Open UAS, Xamk Pulse studies.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Xamk Pulse, email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
The enrolment is binding. You will be charged. Study place cannot be canceled free of charge. You can still cancel your enrolment, but the course fee will not be refunded. Cancellation must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before the course starts, you'll receive a course invitation by email.
Please note that there can be changes in the course details in terms of the timetable and teachers, for example.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).